Do you need high-quality software to record tracks from the piano? With so many options out there, it can be hard to decide what is right for you and the style that you are trying to achieve. Fortunately, we have gone through the best (and the worst!) options out there to narrow it down. From incredible features to well-priced options, we have considered it all to help you find the best of the best. Also, check out our best digital piano for recording models. We have gathered all of them in one place for you!
Avid Pro Tools is what most advanced studios use. This software is the gold standard when it comes to the best piano recording software. With 60 virtual instruments, effects, VCA Masters, Track Freeze, and sound processing plug-ins, this software is lacking in nothing.
You have got 128 audio tracks, 512 instrument tracks, and 512 MIDI tracks on hand at all times. You can also work in the Avid Cloud Collaboration with up to 10 collaborators, on top of having access to the Avid Artist Community.
- This program is easy to install. In addition, you can use the 30-day free version for testing. You can have a look at the layout before you commit to buy. If you have used any previous versions of Avid, you’ll find this version to be very familiar. Beyond that, the features speak for themselves.
- Avid Pro Tools 2018 has just a few options available: Pro Tools First, Pro Tools, and Pro Tools. They are all on the pricey end. Granted, that is something that you would expect from such a big name. If you are looking for the absolute best piano recording software, this is no big issue but it can certainly price some people out of the game.
Ableton Multitrack Recording Software is another famous program. There are 1500+ sounds, 29 effects, and three instruments. You can do real-time audio warping. With Ableton Multitrack Recording Software, you can have 16 tracks and eight scenes per project.
- It has a great number of tools and options. It’s very easy to set up different external devices, interfaces, controllers, tablets, or whatever tools you like. Once you familiarize yourself with the program, the world is your oyster. You can try the Ableton Multitrack Recording Software for free for 30 days as well, so there is really nothing to lose by checking it out and see if it’s the right fit for you.
- You need the Suite version to have the full kit of instruments. Some people have complained about the GUI and the way that the workflow is organized, but, of course, that kind of thing is subjective.
Using the Image Line FL Studio 20 Producer you can expect an impressive mixing and automation, Support for all VST standards, and more than 80 different instrument and plug-in effects. You can utilize essential options like multi-touch support, audio sends, effects chains, sidechain control, advanced automation, and other cool features that will take your sound to the next level.
- A great advantage of the Image Line FL Studio 20 Producer is that it comes with free updates for life. Of course, in the world of software, this is a huge benefit that will save you some considerable costs in the long run. That said, Image-Line FL Studio 20 Producer is far from just a good option for finding the best piano recording software on the cheap. This impressive option holds its own at any price range. Whatever type of style you are looking to create, this software has got you covered.
- Of course, the Image Line FL Studio 20 Producer is great, however, it could be improved with a notation editor. You have also got to manually assign instrument tracks to mixer channels, which is a bit of a drawback but certainly not a deal-breaker.